As of Thursday 24th February 2022 Boris Johnson has officially removed the legal requirement for Covid 19 safety restrictions in the hospitality industry in England.
Steve and Allyson Marlow are delighted to welcome you to The Parson Woodforde and we shall continue, as always, to protect the safety and wellbeing of our staff and our guests – alongside our pre Covid 19 pandemic hygiene compliance, we shall continue to apply thorough cleaning procedures throughout all departments of our business.
Thorough training has been undertaken by all staff to ensure that as a business we are Covid 19 secure.
• If you know you feel unwell, or have a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 Fahrenfeit) or higher, or persistent dry cough, or loss of taste or smell, please turn around and go home. Do not attempt to approach staff or access the building
• Boris Johnson has made the wearing of face coverings a personal decision for all citizens rather than a requirement – we shall not be judging you but would ask everybody to remember and consider the guests nearest to them – facemasks are no longer required but if you feel concerned we recommend that you wear one inside and maintain personal space when moving around the premises
• For inside drinking and dining all guests may enjoy table service
For outside tables we are of course hopeful that Spring and Summer will bring warm dry weather, and outside drinking and dining no longer requires table service, so you may order at the bar and will pay at the point of ordering, for your outside table, but if you choose to dine outside, you must accept that if conditions become inclement during your visit, although we will be doing our utmost to provide seating for your party indoors, there is no guarantee of this at busy times – we simply may not have the space, in which case you either choose to stay outside under a parasol, or leave – no refunds will be given.
• The host will allocate your seating – please do not move furniture, it has been positioned for comfortable distancing and to suit the seating plan for the day – we will use every table as and where appropriate to the service flow, if your table allocation is not suitable we will do our best to change it, but this is not guaranteed
• Do make use of our hand sanitiser points on arrival and throughout your visit – we aim to provide the safest possible experience for you, and ask you to accept table service and limit going up to the bar – contactless payments wherever possible are much appreciated – thank you!
Accommodation – Reservations and Check In
We have adapted our reservation, arrival, check in, duration of guest stays, and check out process to best protect your safety and ours
• We ask where possible that you make contactless payments, with prepayment for your stay, prior to arrival – this is not mandatory, just a request, in order to limit the time spent checking in on arrival
• Similarly, if you would like a table reservation for dining, please where possible, request it at time of booking your accommodation, or feel free to telephone or email us prior to your stay, and we can answer any questions you may have, about how we shall look after your visit
• Arrivals – a hand sanitiser station is in place at the front entrance, and your access is invited via the front door, where a host will ask for your booking details
We have amended our guest room cleaning procedures to further increase our attention to sanitisation, and to eliminate as many risks as possible, so that staff can work safely, and so that you can enjoy, as usual, the relaxing high standard of stay that you have come to expect from us
• We are applying extra time and attention to all contact and touch points within our guest rooms and communal areas
• We continue to support the use of a professional, long established, hospitality industry laundry service, for all guest bedroom linen and towels, so that we can guarantee their freshness, safety and hygiene levels at all times
• If you would like extra pillows or bed throws, please ask a member of staff, and we will bring them to your room on request, but for now these non everyday items have been removed from the guestrooms, including paper guides and bibles – again, please just ask if required
We know you have missed dining at The Parson Woodforde, and we have missed you all too! We are delighted to be able to provide you with the new normal, and our staff are a jolly bunch who are keen to welcome old friends and new, but of course we must apply some measures to ensure we look after you and ourselves safely.
• We are increasing ventilation within the pub, by opening windows and doors, and we are blessed with lovely large al fresco dining opportunities on our terrace and lawn, which is a great help, weather permitting (we do not have any outside poor weather cover)
• Table service is available in all indoor areas to reduce queues at the bar, or in walkways and at till points – cashless payments will help enormously please
• You will see staff wearing facemasks if they choose to, and screens in use at till points and food service areas, for your peace of mind and ours, and of course condiments will be disposable, and menus cleanable – please allow us time to fully sanitise and set your table prior to your use
With your help, we can all enjoy The Parson Woodforde again, and so we look forward to the future and thank you in advance for your support and co-operation while we implement these changes.